Call for Workshop Proposals
Download PDF version here
SOSP 2011 will officially host workshops at the conference venue. The purpose of these workshops is to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and preliminary results of topics related to SOSP in an interactive environment. We invite proposals for “open” workshops with the intent to draw upon the collective experience, interests, and opinions of SOSP attendees. Workshops will have an option to publish their accepted papers in the ACM Digital Library. We may also forward one or more selected papers from each workshop to the ACM SIGOPS journal on Operating Systems Review.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Workshop name and a 150 to 200-word abstract describing the workshop, suitable for the conference web site.
- If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organizers, submission and acceptance counts, attendance, and information about which conference the workshop was co-located with.
- Brief rationale for the workshop and for co-locating with SOSP.
- A draft Call For Papers (CFP), as complete as possible.
- The workshop deadlines (internal and external).
- Names and affiliations of main organizers and tentative composition of the committees (as complete as possible).
- Workshop format, i.e., expected number of presented papers, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, number of days, etc.
- Expected number of submissions and participants.
- Workshop proposals due:
December 10, 2010(Friday)
- Notification of Acceptance:
December 22, 2010(Wednesday)
- Workshop Call for Papers due:
January 21, 2011(Friday)
- Date of the workshops: October 23, 2011 (Sunday)
Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com
For any questions, please contact the SOSP 2011 workshop chairs (Ramakrishna Kotla and Rodrigo Rodrigues) by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.